AF Series Isolation Hangers
Model AF hangers are available in two (2) load ranges:
- Model AF-100 load range, 20-100 pounds (9-46 kg), used for light-weight acoustical tile ceilings.
- Model AF-200 load range, 50-200 pounds (23-91 kg), used for heavy gypsum board and plaster ceilings.
Both Model AF hangers will carry a 500% overload without failure.
- Permanently resilient fibreglass isolator pad
- Constant natural frequency in wide load range
- Load capacities 20 lbs. to 200 lbs. (9 kg to 91 kg)
- 500% overload fail-safe assembly
Kinetics Model AF hangers are recommended for use in acoustically isolated ceiling systems.
Acoustical tile ceilings can be supported by Model AF-100 hangers to stop high frequency “buzzing” of the ceiling grid work, caused by equipment such as transformers, chillers, and other mechanical equipment sources in the audible frequency range.
Heavy ceilings of gypsum board and plaster can be supported by Model AF-200 hangers to increase the sound transmission loss.
Standard Model AF hangers are shipped fully assembled and ready for use.
The fibreglass isolator shall be 1″ (25 mm) thick, precompressed, molded fibreglass composed of fibreglass produced by a multiple flame attenuation process which generates nominal fibre diameters not to exceed 0.00022″ (5.6 microns) and shall have been stabilized by precompression ten (10) times to three (3) times the maximum rated load of the material used.
The hanger assembly shall be zinc-plated reinforced steel and shall carry a five (5) times maximum rated load overload without failure. Hangers shall be Model AF as manufactured by Kinetics Noise Control, Inc